glitter

Monday, November 12, 2012

A few updates...

I just haven't been in the mood to blog.  Sharing funny stories seems futile to me these days.  Other things seem to heavy to blog about - who wants to read the heavy?  I wonder.  And so, posts are few and far between.

That being said, here's a mixed bag of things going on lately:

  • I'm still loving teaching.  My students are fun and I feel really natural up there.  Definitely a blessing that I've been given this opportunity.
  • It came up that one of my students is a good break dancer.  I called him to the front and made him do it for the class.  It was awesome!  :)
  • Adult acne: it is the worst!  
  • Celebrated Courtney's 30th in style.  Had a fun party in the Big Burg.  She loved it.  We all did.  Maggie and I came up with this for her birthday gift.  I have to say, 7 months of planning and scheming paid off! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_MUH37G8SU
  • I got to celebrate Shannon and Chris tie the knot this weekend in Greenville.  Had a great time; I'm still sore from dancing!  The true mark of a good time!
  • I ran 40 minutes last night.  Kick start to getting back on the exercise train.  Felt really good.

  • Last week I got some really good time with the Lord.  At one point the Lord said to me, "Elizabeth Ann. I know you want to GO and DO. I want you to learn to BE."  And I wonder how many of us need to hear the same thing?  Identity: it keeps coming up and I don't think that's going to stop any time soon.  Do I really know who I am and who I belong to?  Why is it that it is harder to be than to do something?  Because there isn't anything to show for it?  Because sometimes it takes more discipline to sit and be still with God than to do a Bible study or help others, etc.?  
  • Went to the 6:00 pm service last night for the first time.  The sermon was from 1 Peter 4:1-11 and spoke a lot about suffering.  Been thinking about the blessings that come from suffering.  We all have things we'd rather bypass, but in those things, the Lord can do so much.  
  • I have a case of the Monday's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment