glitter

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

flashes of lightning; rolls of thunder

Have you ever heard this song?



I found out that it comes from Revelation 4:1-6

After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” At once I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with one seated on the throne. And he who sat there had the appearance of jasper and carnelian, and around the throne was a rainbow that had the appearance of an emerald. Around the throne were twenty-four thrones, and seated on the thrones were twenty-four elders, clothed in white garments, with golden crowns on their heads. From the throne came flashes of lightning, and rumblings and peals of thunder, and before the throne were burning seven torches of fire, which are the seven spirits of God, and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal.

(It continues to mention praising the Lord as holy, holy, holy...)

I'm still reading through Exodus, and was in Chapter 19 yesterday.  Verse 16:

On the morning of the third day there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud on the mountain and a very loud trumpet blast, so that all the people in the camp trembled.

Today, I'm in Chapter 20 and after the 10 commandments are given, the people responded:

Now when all the people saw the thunder and the flashes of lightning and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking, the people were afraid and trembled, and they stood far off and said to Moses, “You speak to us, and we will listen; but do not let God speak to us, lest we die.” Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.” (vs 18-20)

I love seeing patterns in scripture! More so, I hope that my response to the Lord is holy, holy, holy! You are worthy! He may still be seen and operate in thunder and lightning and to the sound of trumpets. He certainly works in other ways. But, every time I see the hand and heart of the Father, I want my response to be one of praise. I have a long way to go with that...but, I can say, when I choose to worship, it's good for my heart and good for my perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment