glitter

Monday, November 21, 2011

What I was up to.

My weekend was full and really great.  Busy, but not draining.  Friday night I had supper with my small group and then watched a Beth Moore video on patience.  It was really good, really challenging, and very "Beth."  The most challenging thing was hearing that the people in your life that are "hard to love" are likely placed in your life by God for YOU.  I can totally see this in my own life and I think those times are super stretching, but really good.  Then, I went to a bonfire for a while before heading home.  I also started watching Christmas Vacation for the first time this season.  Sadly, I had to turn it off because otherwise I'd have stayed up far too long!  I got too into it.

Saturday morning, I helped work at the Lowcountry Food Bank.  I had no idea that so many interesting items were donated for those in need...items that this blog is too PG to discuss.  I ate a delicious lunch at Santi's and then headed home to pack for Honduras!  A friend came over and talked to me while I packed and it was pretty fun.  Chinese take out, DVR'd TV, and an early bed time called my name and were a delight that night.

Nathan and Shannon were in town for a wedding so I had lunch with the fam after church.  Then, Nathan, Shannon, and I hung out for the afternoon.  I showed them where I live and then we played around downtown for a few hours before chilling in Kaminsky's with a beverage of choice.  We met back up with mom and dad for a delicious dinner at Husk.  Since none of us will be home for Thanksgiving, it was an especially fun time to get together, eat too well, and catch up.  All in all, a really great weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment