glitter

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

ways of royalty

i don't reread books often.  there are just a handful i ever have.  but i'm re-reading kris valloton's supernatural ways of royalty, and this stopped me in my tracks:

Notice the contrast between "master and slave" and "Father and
friend." Jesus strikes a great balance here when He reminds us that
although slaves obey out of fear, friends obey the Father out of love. A
willing heart is a prerequisite to moving out of slavery into friendship. He
also highlights the fact that slaves do not know what their master is doing
but friends know all about the Father's business. Jesus set the example for
us by doing what He saw the Father doing. If we are to do the same, we
must realize that we have been invited to have the same kind of friendship
with the Father that Jesus Himself had.

as i was verbally wrestling through something with a friend back in June, she told me "Elizabeth Ann...I think you've gone from a servant to a friend of Jesus."  it struck me in a way few things have.

i have found myself saying over and over again this past year, i have no idea what god is up to.  but is that really true?

i know god's character.  i know what He's all about.  and i know the outcome of things even if i don't understand the 1,001 steps it takes to get there.  so, today, i will trust what i know about my god, my friend, my king.  as a friend of the lord jesus, i know in part what he's doing.  i can ask what he's doing.  i can trust that he will reveal things to me.

also reminded of proverbs 25:2,

It is the glory of God to conceal things,
    but the glory of kings is to search things out.
as royalty, we get to search things out...the more i know the lord, the more i know about this privilege and gift.  the more i love it and am thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment