glitter

Monday, April 11, 2011

Flo Town

What?  You haven't been to Florence lately to escape the hustle and bustle and enjoy a night out on the (small) town?  Yeah, I hadn't either.  However, I took a trip to Florence after work last Friday to celebrate my good friend Mary Glenn.  Her first shower/wedding event was Saturday so we made a night of it.  It was fun to get some time around MG's fiancée, debut my gold shoes, and partake in the happenings of Florence nightlife.  Dinner at Redbone, drinks and dancing at The Fountainhead, meet some of their friends, and then it was time for bed.

The food at the shower was scrumptious -- including a sausage casserole I've never had before but am hoping to recreate very soon.  MG received lots of nice gifts and had quite the turn out.  We were asked to answer this question (and the answers were read out loud) in a room full of well manicured older Southern women:

If I'd known then what I know now...


...I would have let Mary Glenn be the designated driver more often.

{{That actually wasn't mine, but was the funniest.}}

No comments:

Post a Comment