glitter

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another summer

I suppose summer is technically over with the passing of Labor Day.  This makes me a bit sad as it is my most favorite season.  Yet, I'm still holding out for a few more trips to the beach and deepening my tan lines.  I had a really good Labor Day weekend filled with sun and sand, time with sweet friends, and simple, yet tasty cuisine, including a few late night grilled cheeses.  It was the best way to end a season.

As I walked last night, I reflected on this summer and was reminded of many sweet things that stood out to me:  life-changing trip to Haiti, fun trip to Dallas, celebrating Mary Glenn and Jule, continuing to learn how privileged I am, sunny days on the beach/at the pool/fishing that could have gone on forever, and lots of time with good friends and family.  Sure there were a few ups and downs (aren't there always?), but overall it felt like I was in a good rhythm of life.  For that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment