glitter

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

getting goats

By far, the greatest blessing for me in my wilderness season has been hearing from the Lord clearly and personally and being in His presence.  As I've begun walking out of this season (or, it seems that I am and I hope that I am!), it's been a little bit harder for me to hear and feel the Lord.  I know that ebbs and flows in life, but I've missed it when it hasn't been as tangible.

The talk I posted yesterday is so good.  He has another one from the same conference, too.

At one point in the first talk, Your Calling is Calling, Steven talks about how our calling is present not future.  He speaks of the story of the prodigal son.  Regarding the older son - he wanted what he already had: access to his father's abundance.  Often times, we do the same thing: we wait on god to give us something he already has. If the older son wanted a goat, all he had to do was GO GET A GOAT!  Oh, how I needed to hear those words and to be emboldened in my relationship with the Lord.

I was reminded of a new favorite verse, Ephesians 3:1, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places."  I have already been blessed with every spiritual blessing because of Jesus!  And I should own that!

I spent time with the Lord over my lunch break today, as I do most days.  And there was something I needed an answer to and some things I needed to be reassured about.  You know what?  I wanted some goats and I asked for them and I got them.  I was tempted to believe that I wouldn't hear from the Lord, but I believed that I would.  I asked and I received!  And I had a sweet conversation with the Lord about things that had been running through my head and my heart.

I don't know about you, but I think God is honored by our expectations.  I think satan likes to tempt us with thoughts like, "he won't really answer me," or "I can't expect God to do x,y,z; it isn't polite," or whatever he whispers in our ears to make us think we are not worthy to go before the throne of the King and share our hearts.  Oh, how deceptive is that lie.

Hebrews 4:15-16, "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

If you need a goat, go get a goat!


No comments:

Post a Comment