glitter

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

He wins

I woke up Sunday morning at 6:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep: not exactly my idea of a Sunday Funday.  I realize that I could have spent the next few hours in prayer or reading the Word or something, but all I wanted to do was watch Grey's Anatomy and that is exactly what I did.  By the time I got ready for church, I developed a terrible headache and considered not going, but I went anyway.  I swung through the McDonald's drive thru for a sweet tea and of course it took forever.  I made it to church and my head hurt so bad I thought I was going to throw up.  I sat in the last row, against the wall, in case I needed to excuse myself.

I was in pain and distracted during worship and contemplated bolting.  But I didn't.  And I'm so thankful I stayed: our sermon was just what I needed to hear, I was mentioned in the bulletin under a prophetic word, and we had a beautiful time of praying over each other at the end of our church service, with half the church standing to give and receive prayer.

{totally worth watching the service:  http://www.wearestandrews.com/sermons.aspx?ArticleId=1415}

While the enemy fights hard to distract us and pull us away from the Lord, the Lord fights harder to remind us who He is and how much He loves us.  So grateful!  It was just what I needed to prepare my heart for Nicaragua.

{Oh yeah, I'm heading to Nicaragua this Saturday for eight days.}

No comments:

Post a Comment