glitter

Monday, June 10, 2013

tail lights

I haven't felt like writing for a long time.  Clearly.  Months have passed without a single post.  And this blog may not be on anyone's radar or reader anymore.  And, that's alright.

I read an email today that had a link to a blog post I'd written a year ago and it caught me by surprise.  One, I didn't know the author of the email ever read my blog.  Two, I read the post and was taken back to a day that seemed like a lifetime ago...the record is nice to have.

I started to post shortly after I read that email, but had nothing to say.  No story to tell.  But, tonight God answered the prayer I didn't put much thought into praying: a story.

I met some friends after work for prayer and such, then ran an errand, and headed to Trader Joe's.  I dashed home for supper and to whip up lunches for the rest of the week.  I started putting laundry away and then finally made it out the door to exercise.  Since my last post, I'd gotten out of running shape and have been doing the Couch to 5k program to get back into it.  So, I headed out the door and was having a decent go of it.

Also since I my last post, I moved in with my parents (yes, it happened).  My roommate situtation needed to change and I need to figure a few things out that didn't include signing a lease...so back in with mom and dad for the first time since high school.  When I go running, my dad always asks if I'm staying in the neighborhood or not.  Same thing tonight.  And, I was.

Now, the other thing you should know is that since the last post, I have really been in a war...I'd been in the wilderness, but the volume kept getting turned up on life.  If satan wasn't going after me physically, he came after me emotionally and spiritually.  And, today I felt the mental attacks.  The run was the climax of the attacks.

As I was on my last leg of the run, and it started raining: not too bad at first, but then the rain came down harder and harder and the wind picked me up.  Things were blowing into my person; it got a little crazy!  I put my phone down my shorts and hoped I could make it home.  At one point I thought, "I bet dad will come get me," but I never saw him.  So I figured he wasn't coming.  I was a big girl, I could make it on my own.  And just as I was almost home, I saw the tail lights of his car ... and then I saw him back out of the driveway coming to retrieve me.  Such sweet comfort and gratitude.

And it struck me: I do the same thing with God the Father.  I hope He'll show up, I don't see him when I think he should, and just when I start to think he won't come, he does.  My God comes to rescue those who need rescuing.  And many times that is me.

Psalm 30:1
I will extol you, O Lord, for you have rescued me, and have not let my foes rejoice over me.




1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. What an awesome picture of the way the Lord loves us.

    ReplyDelete