glitter

Friday, April 11, 2014

spare tires

My body hasn't felt "normal" lately.  My belly has been bigger.  My thighs and tush have really bulked up.  I can feel it in my outfits and I don't like it.  I don't like that my skirt is tight.  I don't like that my tummy hangs over my pants.  I don't like it one bit.

Can anyone relate?

As I was exercising over lunch yesterday, I shared my body image feelings with the Lord.  And He was gracious - as He is - and shared some thoughts back with me.

elizabeth ann, you don't have the body of a 21 year old because you're not a 21 year old...you've lived experiences and aged and that's not bad.  it's life...it's growth.  your body is a part of that...

...the wilderness was tough for you...in that time, spiritual and emotional endurance was more important than physical...

Just what I needed.  Gratitude in exchange of frustration.  Lord, thank you.  Please keep changing my thoughts.  Please keep showing me who you are and who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment