glitter

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beth Moore recap

Mom and I drove to Charlotte last Friday and met up with Aunt Dean. It was fun catching up for a while before the craziness began.  Of course we were late so finding seats for 5 was quite the challenge.  But, Beth brought it.  The theme was HOLD FAST.*  After Beth, we went to supper uptown at The King's Kitchen.  The food was amazing and some of the proceeds benefit homeless shelters.  I got blackened cat fish over cheesy, bacon grits and stewed tomatoes.  Yum!

We ate pretty late and some dudes walked in, sat down near us, and ordered beers.  I noticed a few minutes later they'd left and asked if they just walked out.  Aunt Dean: why, did you want to finish their beer?  A resounding, "no, Aunt Dean."  Hahaha.  I love my family; never a dull moment!

Courtney and I ended up staying up until 2 am that night which made getting up at 6 the next morning a real treat.  But if you have to suffer, Beth is a good reason.  We headed back uptown and were there in good time to scope out great seats.  Mom got a bit ancy throughout the whole thing, but yet again, I loved it.  I love how Beth shares so much scripture, coupled with real life situations/ways to relate to her.  It was cool to see 9,400 people learning aside you.

We parted ways with Courtney and her mom and headed back to Aunt Deans for a yummy lunch.  Then mom and I made a pit stop at Trader Joe's!  and headed home.  I was exhausted...and glad to have Sunday to recuperate 


* If you'd like my notes, feel free to email me; I have them typed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment