glitter

Friday, February 3, 2012

highs and lows.

Low.  Yesterday was certainly a day of highs and lows.  It was a struggle to be at work -- just hard and almost had me in tears at times.

High.  I went walk/running after work.  Early February, yet 75 degrees.  Running along the Battery reminded me, once again, that I live in one gorgeous place.  There are reasons why Charleston has been deemed the best city in the country and the world.  

Low.  The dude in this car below had a much worse day than I did.  He threatened to blow up his car on the Ravenel Bridge.  Thus, the bridge was closed for hours.  People re-routed around the peninsula, and were stuck in traffic for hours.  I was supposed to go into Mt. Pleasant, but never made it.  They caught the fella but had to clear the cars that were evacuated on the bridge.  After driving around for a while, I peaced out and headed home.  Thank the Lord, no one was hurt; I hope this man is able to get some help.



High.  Since my plans in Mt. Pleasant were foiled, I treated myself to a Kashi frozen pizza, a light beer, and lots of homemade cookie dough.  Then, I ended up going to small group with Marifrasier.  It was a cool and challenging time together.

Yesterday reminded me of this quote by Rick Warren: 



I used to think that life was hills and valleys - you go through a dark time, then you go to the mountaintop, back and forth. I don't believe that anymore. Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for.

No comments:

Post a Comment