glitter

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent

I read this question the other day and it stopped me in my tracks:


When I wake up on Resurrection Sunday morning, how will I be different? 


I want to be different on Easter than I am today.  I want to know Jesus more than I do right now, I want to have a deeper understanding of His sacrifice for me, and I want to be more grateful for the freedom I have only because Jesus conquered death for me.

I'm not giving anything up this year for lent.  Too easy for me to pick something with an ulterior motive -- sweets and maybe I'll drop a pound, too, etc...  Too easy for me to get caught up in what I'm doing rather than caught up in my relationship with my savior.

I'm not necessarily taking anything else on.  The very thought of taking something else on in my life makes me more tired.  But, I want to remember that the tomb was found empty.  That after Jesus died, He rose.  Him rising makes him more than a good man, more than a teacher, more than a prophet.  Him rising makes Him God.  God that wants a relationship with me...and with you!  Out of His grace and mercy, Him rising has given me life.  Yes, that's what I want my next 40 days to be about: the relationship, the life, I have with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment