glitter

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Be bold.

Last night I was at Year Team -- the Bible study that I went to Nicaragua with.  It was the first time I'd been since Nica, as last week I was in Spartanburg for work.  My friend Jan and I were the first ones there and at some point started talking to the caterer.  He talked about being sick this week and having car trouble.  My first thought was, "if I was in Nica, I'd be praying for you right now, but I'm not..." 

People came, dinner was eaten, things got started.  A few people made comments to me about how they'd heard I was really bold in Nica.  My friend Elizabeth was especially curious about it and complimentary.  We talked for a minute about it and then I told her about not praying for Josh.  And, here's the thing: I really want my life to look the same regardless of my location.  And it doesn't always. 

Have you ever had one of those moments where how you feel about yourself and the things people are telling you just don't line up?  That was definitely one of them and I wanted to scream.  Haha.

Flash forward thirty or so minutes later and we had a time of praise and worship.  I don't remember the song we were singing, but I felt compelled to go find Josh, the caterer.  I pulled him out of the kitchen and asked if I could pray for him.  I think he thought it a bit strange, but I did it.  And as I walked back into the Year Team room, I was reminded how much it wasn't about me, but rather about the Lord.  


Better is One Day in Your Courts was the next song that played and I believed the words.  A bit of time really meeting with the Lord is SO much better than much time without Him.  Such a sweet blessing for me last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment