glitter

Friday, March 16, 2012

Traveling south of the border

Second to arrive at the Charleston airport, I was bouncing with excitement.  Once airborne, I quickly realized who my partners in crime would be for the week.  Heidi, Drew, and I seemed to have to most random conversations and came up with several book titles.  Mine is going to be Everybody's Neurotic -- a funny, yet educational book on the quirks that make us who we are.  I'll keep you posted on publishing dates.  Haha.  From then on out the flights were filled with stimulating conversations and much laughter.

As soon as we'd ascended into the clouds this took place:

Drew: you know what's sad?  When I was little and my family would fly down to Disney World, I'd look at the clouds and try to see if people were in there/on them...
Me: well, what is worse is that I just wondered if I could sit on a cloud.
Busts out laughing.
Me: well, a cloud could hold something.  Something like a feather or a dollar bill or anything with mass, but very little of it.
Drew: no, it couldn't.
We asked Meredith, a science teacher, who agreed with me.
Drew dared me to ask the flight attendant; obviously, I did.  She agreed with Drew, but told me to ask the captain.

A good 30 or so minutes go by and everyone's seated, buckled in, and quiet as we're about to land.  The flight attendent comes back and quite loudly says, "about your question.  I asked the captain, and NO!"

Hahahahahaha.  I still don't buy that.

Dolla, dolla bill, yo!


Oh, and don't worry.  I emailed the US Geological Survey this morning; hopefully, I'll have a response within two business days.

No comments:

Post a Comment