glitter

Friday, May 11, 2012

A crazy afternoon

Yesterday I spent some time chatting with the county's accounting office and treasurer's office in regards to my car sticker.  I received the bill last week, paid it, and also changed my address in order that I might receive a sticker.  Well, due to me moving, I received another bill this week and called to straighten things out.  Turns out, I have to hit up the DMV to get my sticker and prove that I paid.  Oh, South Carolina, these things just shouldn't be that complicated.

I headed to the DMV after work and of course they were closed.  Obviously because it was Confederate Memorial Day.  Oh, you didn't get that holiday off?  You must not work for the state of SC.  Ironically, I do, but came into work so that I might use that holiday for something more fun (B5 lake weekend anybody?!).  

I headed to Mt. P to take my favorite pair of shoes to the cobbler to get the strap fixed.  They were friendly and it will only be $8 to restore my beloved floral platform sandals that I've been rocking since spring break 2002.  After that I made my way to the grocery store to procure food for the weekend and then home.  Upon arriving home I realized that I'd left my house keys at home.  I keep them on a separate ring and that proved not to be a good idea yesterday.

We have two keys to the house -- one for the front door and one for the back.  I grabbed the hidden key, that works on the back door, but could only get it to work in one of both locks on the door.  My roommate was in Florida so what was I to do?  I eventually got her boyfriend's number and left him a hilarious and long message.  Then I went to buy ice and put the food in a cooler (carrying that cooler in my trunk all the time comes in handy!) and treated myself to an icee.  So good!  I played around Target before I headed to my dinner plans.

The boyfriend called back and told me that the hidden key was nearly impossible to use on the bottom and would go unlock the door for me.  So gracious!  So thankful for that!  There were plenty of places I could have slept last night, but my own bed was calling my name.  And, finding clothes to borrow for work today would be harder than finding a place to lay my head.

After a yummy dinner, I headed home and went for a run.  Then watched Grey's.  I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it, but oh my word!  Didn't see that coming.  Or that.  Or that.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I just watched Grey's OMG! What do you think is going to happen next week??!!!

    ReplyDelete