glitter

Monday, January 16, 2012

New Eyes

I have the day off from work today.  I was going to work anyway, but ended up not...

My to do list was pretty long; a few things have been scratched off, but oh my word, how is it past 3 already?!

I decided to give my contacts a whirl since I had the time.  First the right eye.  I tried several times to no avail.  Took a break.  Tried again.  This took several tries and finally on the 5th round, I got it in!  On to the left eye, where on the 4th round of trying, I lost the contact.  Seriously, could not find it.  Checked my shirt and my pj pants, the sink, the floor, the bath matt, my bedroom shoes, the counter, the bathroom cabinets...in other words: everything and everywhere.

I was so frustrated.  Eventually, I called my eye doctor and they told me to come on down and get another one.  In the office, I got the left one in -- on my own, no less.  AND my glasses came in.  Good times!

In other news, last night was a night of firsts with my food processor.  First time slicing my thumb on the blade.  AND first time shredding cheese.  I'll never go back to hand shredding again!

No comments:

Post a Comment