glitter

Thursday, January 12, 2012

What could be better

than having a ginormous zit on your face?  Going to the dentist and the eye doctor.  You know, the doctors that will be able to stare at your Texas sized blemish all the live long day.

The good news is multi-faceted.
  1. No cavities!  Holla back!
  2. My time at the eye doctor was quite productive.
I took a pair of glasses that have always been crooked on me (I think they got messed up in the mail?) and they fixed them!  Now, I can wear them for things other than watching TV and in foreign countries.  I also picked out a new pair of glasses.  My head is pretty petite so kids glasses are the only ones that fit my face.  Trust me, we tried several adult pairs and they definitely looked silly!  I was hoping to get a pair of funky glasses -- bright color, strange frame arms, etc.  There were a few of these in the children's section that looked great -- until you saw the frame arms.  I just didn't think it appropriate to show up to work with "princess" on the side of my glasses.  Such a bummer.

AND I got a trial pair of contacts!?  The gal finally got them in my eyes.  Then, I had to take one out and put it back in.  It took a while and wasn't super fun or easy.  It also took me a while to get them out last night.  However, I think they'll be great in certain situations: fishing, the beach, football games, etc...basically places I'd like to wear sunglasses to.  Hopefully with a bit of practice, they won't be as challenging!

In other news, that was the 2nd time I'd had my eyes dilated.  The first time I remember my eyes feeling weird for about an hour, but I went back to work and things were fine.  That was not the case yesterday, light gave me a headache and my pupils were the size of saucers until I went to bed last night.  It was so nice waking up to normal eyes this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment