glitter

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Leveling the mountains

Dad's out of town, so I hit up Melvin's with mom for supper.  She asked about my trip to Nicaragua and less than a minute in we had this conversation:

Mom: ...ok...I have to ask.  Do you have a honey down there?
Me:  What? ... No!  Hahaha.  No.
Mom:  Would you even tell me if you did?  No...haha.
Me:  Yes, if it was serious.  But I don't.  Ha.  That's totally what dad thinks isn't it?!
Mom:  Well...yes.  Haha.

(How hilarious is that?!)

Me: Ok, I'm also going back.
Mom: When?
Me:  July.  With a team...similar to March.
Mom: Ok.  How do you have time and money for this?
Me: This is how I want to spend my time and money... I never thought I'd care about missions, but the Lord's given me a passion for it.
Mom: Oh, it doesn't surprise me... ok... I have to ask.  Would you...
Me: Move there?
Mom: Yes.
Me: Yes.  Likely not in 2012.  But don't be shocked if I do one day...
Mom: Ok...but it's dangerous...but, ok...
Me: Mom, everywhere...
Mom: Oh, I know, even downtown Mt. Pleasant...
Me: Mom, Mt. Pleasant doesn't have a downtown!

(More hilarity!)

Y'all, this conversation was hilarious!  But more than that, it was a huge blessing.  It's true.  I bought a ticket last night to go back with a team from my church in July.  I am busting at the seams excited!  But I was nervous to tell my mom and more nervous to tell her I would love to move there one day.  And you know what?  The Lord took care of it.

Before I left, Courtney gave me this verse


Isaiah 45:2-3 ESV
“I will go before you
    and level the exalted places {NIV says level the mountains},
I will break in pieces the doors of bronze
    and cut through the bars of iron,
I will give you the treasures of darkness
    and the hoards in secret places,
that you may know that it is I, the Lord,
    the God of Israel, who call you by your name.



It was perfect for me before this trip.  To know that he would smooth out the rough places ahead of me.  To know that he would give me treasures of darkness.  He would take me to the secret places.  He calls me by name!  


And it continued to be perfect for me tonight...the Lord totally and completely leveled out that conversation!  





1 comment:

  1. Girl, we have to talk! So happy for how God is at work in your life. very very cool! Love you!

    ReplyDelete