glitter

Monday, June 11, 2012

Today's thoughts.

It's my plan to continue talking about my recent time in Nicaragua.  If for nothing else, I love the record of it.  But today, I am reminded at how very precious life is.

My sweet friend Beth's mom has been fiercely battling cancer for some time now.  She's in the ICU now and as I prepare to go see Beth after work, I just want to make things better.  But, I can't.

Our dear family friend is in a brain rehab center in Greenville.  Ideally, she'll re-learn how to eat and walk by herself.  Typing those words doesn't seem real.

I noted on my calendar that yesterday marked the 13th anniversary of me coming to know Jesus as my Savior. There have been many ups and downs in our relationship.  I am utterly undeserving and utterly grateful that he saved a wretched sinner like me.

As I've contemplated life today -- the joys of being born again and the brevity of it in the flesh -- I can't escape thinking how precious it is.

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it."  Matthew 13:45-46

No comments:

Post a Comment