glitter

Monday, June 18, 2012

Life and death.

My cousin Virginia got married this past weekend in Charlotte.  She was beautiful.  We all love her groom, Jordan.  We laughed, we danced, we told stories.  The food was delicious, including an amazing spread of Chinese food.  It was just one of those weddings where everything, especially the reception, was done right.  They're 22 and green: full of life and not yet burdened by adult affairs.

Driving home yesterday, I found out my friend Beth's mom passed away.  Years of fighting came to an end.

The juxtaposition of new life and death in one weekend.

I don't remember the episode, but I kept hearing Meredith Grey's voice in my head saying, "life isn't supposed to be like this."  And, it isn't.  God created us to live in harmony with him, but we wanted to do what we wanted to do.  It started with a piece of fruit in the garden and turned into one messy place...

No comments:

Post a Comment