glitter

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Good folks

I started a note on my phone for things I am thankful for.  Throughout the day, I try to jot things down -- anything from my Nalgene to having healthy lungs to the rain and fun music.  And throughout the list there are people.  People I talk to all the time and some not so much.

I got an email from a long time buddy yesterday.  Tyler's got this way about him that brings comfort and encouragement, coupled with truth.  He's always had the ability to make me cry.  As we exchanged a few emails, I grew increasingly thankful for the people in your life that know you.  That you can pick right back up with.  That don't think you're crazy because they've seen you in many facets.  

I talked to a child hood friend last night on the phone and was again grateful for those in your life that continue to be woven in - the bond is tight even if it's not relied upon often.  

As I type this, a Phil Wickham song plays on Pandora.  It's called Safe - this line provides truth: when everything is falling apart, you will be safe in His arms.

Praise the Lord for that!  And praise Him for being a relational God - using people to challenge and encourage us, to remind us who we are, and who we belong to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment