glitter

Friday, August 10, 2012

Time flies!

Do you ever have one of those moments where you just don't know where the time went?  Jenn just told me I hadn't blogged since June and I could hardly believe it.  I checked and what do you know?  She's right.

I have had many thoughts over the past month and a half or so, but haven't had the discipline to put them on virtual paper.  Here are some things I've been up to:

  • Forth of July was a blast.  Had a grand time eating Bojangles, making friends, and acting like I was a college kid again.
  • Courtney and Krissie came for a visit! 
  • Work has been insanely busy.
  • Visited the Thain sisters and their families at Edisto!
  • Went to Nicaragua.  
Y'all, I left part of my heart there.  Again.  This was likely my most favorite trip of all.  We got to go to Masaya -- where our fearless and faithful translator, Melvin, is from.  It is a gorgeous part of the country.  I laughed and danced more than I have in ages.  I felt and saw the Holy Spirit move in some really powerful ways: people were healed, people came to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and savior, some really personal prayers were answered as I got time with Hazel and Jilman.  I thought it would be impossible to see Jilman, but with God, nothing is impossible!

I have a favorite story from the trip that I'm hoping to share sooner rather than later.  

As for me today, I'm trying to get through month old emails at work and make to the end of the work day.  Dinner with friends in Charleston then driving to Edisto for some quality time with the Sheltons!

No comments:

Post a Comment