glitter

Friday, August 24, 2012

When in doubt, dance it out!

Our last evening in Chinandega, we were waiting around to load up the vehicles to head back to the barrio (neighborhood) for a revival.  Our drivers/friends/ministry companions/hosts were late (something we were accustomed to), which left us hanging out in the hotel lobby.  

When there I spotted it - perhaps the greatest discovery in Chinandega!  This picture won't do it justice, but it was a disco joint.  A few of us walked over and started dancing.  One wall was lined with Shakira posters; another had CD labels with things like Romantico #7 and then 12 songs.  Hilarious!  We loved it.  Somewhere there's a pretty cool video of us dancing floating around.  :)

photo.JPG

This is when my motto was born, "When in doubt; dance it out!"

And, I'm still dancing.  Currently to a playlist entitled "therapy" and using an egg shaker to hype the jams up a bit.  


And...since I'm talking about dancing.  This is a true story that happened to me Tuesday.  I was having dinner with my friend, Heidi.  We had some time to kill prior and stopped in Kudu.  A chill coffee house/good beer shop where our friend Drew works.  

A dude walks in and I say to Heidi, "if that guy's British, I've totally danced with him one night while our friend Jay played.  He's a great dancer.  Let's try to hear if he's British."  Hahaha.  We make eye contact and he says he knows me but from where?  Dancing!  Yes!  Of course!

My British buddy also knows Drew.  Small world, no?!

Drew:  How do y'all know each other?
Brit: We danced together one night in a bar one time.
Drew: Gotcha.  We (he and I) danced together on top of a bus one time.

Oh, how I wish there were pictures of Sweet Drew and I dancing on top of this: 

photo.JPG

in this parking lot: 

photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment