glitter

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Great Flood


Noah would have been better off than me this morning. I wish I had an ark, a canoe, a something other than my compact car this morning. It rained all night last night (and is supposed to start up again soon), thus causing massive traffic issues and most of Downtown to flood. High tide was at 7:20 and thus there was some serious flooding. I mean flooding with white caps. One of my co-workers was literally stranded and pulled into a random MUSC parking lot, where our boss had to go pick her up because she couldn't make it to the office with all of the flooding.

How bad was the traffic? Well, as for the traffic, it took me an over and hour and a half to get to my training meeting. You read correctly. I left at 8:00, became adgitated by 8:35 in the bumper to bumper traffic, and made it to the foot of the James Island connector at 9:00. That's an hour travel time for about 4 miles. I could have walked faster. It was more frustrating, ahem, enjoyable due to the fact that the person in front of me let EVERY car in...and when we FINALLY made it to the connector, he didn't even get on. Really?!? But my boss was chill about it and I made it to my meeting. They hadn't started yet because they didn't think anyone else would show up. We even got off early today in order to beat the next traffic jam/flood situation.

1 comment:

  1. i love how you blog about your random daily happenings! :)

    ReplyDelete