glitter

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Oh New Years Eve...you are the cause of much stress and are sometimes quite the let down and sometimes super fun. Tonight you will be laid back and filled with good food and a glass of wine.  But you are always a good time to reflect on the past year.

Some of my highlights from 2009:
  • Threw a successful dinner/birthday party in my tiny apartment.
  • Went to Boston (with Cameron and Jonathan!) for the first time and loved it.
  • Took an unusual trip to DC.
  • Really shared the gospel with a friend...something that is not one of my stregnths.
  • Started cooking in a Tangine -- yum!
  • Finished my masters degree.
  • Made some new friends, most notably in Spartanburg.
  • Made my first good furry friend!
  • Decided I really do enjoy hanging out with certain tiny tots!
  • Fell in love with Pat Conroy.
  • Gave someone a Wii -- it was so fun and felt like I was Oprah giving things away.
  • Got a job in the midst of a terrible economy.
  • Moved back to my hometown of Charleston.
  • Started a blog!
  • Became obsessed with Twitter.
  • Decided I do actually like skinny jeans (sorry for making fun of you years ago, Festa).
  • Discovered I actually love red wine. Who knew?
  • Am constantly reminded that the Lord is faithful and good even when I don't feel that way...and I must trust Him...


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you shared the Gospel with a friend...also hope Nala becomes your furry friend's friend soon!

    ReplyDelete