glitter

Friday, December 11, 2009

TGIF

I'm so excited about the weekend! Friday night my good friend Mary Alice is coming to stay with me! I can't wait to eat good food, catch up, and enjoy her company. Also...she's bringing her man friend and I'm super excited to get to know him better.

Saturday afternoon I'm heading to Lexington, SC for the second annual bonfire at the Thain's house. Good times are to be had by all.

And Sunday is the Mt. Pleasant Christmas Parade! I briefly saw some of the Downtown Christmas Parade this past Sunday, and I must say, Mt. Pleasant's is ten times better. Real floats. Better bands. Candy. It's at night, rather than during the day. My parents and their friends have a parade party, so I'll be tagging along for the festivities.


In other news, yesterday and today, I sat in on depositions for work. So cool. I really enjoyed it. I mean, its no real life John Grisham or Law & Order SVU, but it is definitely interesting and a nice change of pace. Last night I did some light cooking. I haven't cooked too much lately, so this was fun for me.

  • Fried some bacon for the weekend. Only a few pieces were burned in the process. While no one's bacon is as good as my mom's, it smelled awesome and I had to resist eating it right then.
  • Made a flour-less chocolate cake. I really had to resist cutting a piece last night. The batter tasted awesome and it was super easy to make! I hope its delicious.
  • Concocted supper that will also be lunch for today and then some. Can of chopped tomatoes with garlic and onion, green peas, shrimp, more garlic, and some spices. Turned out to be pretty good. Would also be good over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment