glitter

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hump Day Horrors

When I wake up in the morning
And the alarm gives out a warning
And I don't think I ever make it on time
By the time I grab my books
And I give myself a look
I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by...


Ok, no, I didn't join the cast of Saved by the Bell, but I felt like I had this morning.
I was running late due to the fact that I ininadvertently set my alarm to go off at 5:30 PM, I woke up and heard stirring around my house. It was 6:21..that meant no time for a quiet time and no time for a shower. I ran the blow dryer through my hair and put on a cute outfit and off to work I went.

Upon arriving to my office, I got up to set my coat on a chair and noticed something in the corner...ugh...please don't be what I think it is. Yes, in fact it was a mouse! Thank the Lord it was dead. I went downstairs and told a masculine male co-worker that he'd need to get it for me. He shook his head and said he couldn't...he'd do anything for me but mess with mice. We bonded over our common fear. They literally make my heart stop! So I called the work maintenance department and they promptly sent someone over to dispose it. Thank goodness!

No more surprises today...but the day is still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment