glitter

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cook-Off 2k10

Marifrasier had her annual Christmas cook off party tonight.  Jacqueline and I schemed for weeks about our entry.  We searched recipes, blogs, and old favorites to find the perfect dish.  (Thanks to a suggestion by Courtney) we decided to go with one of my childhood favorites: home made doughnuts!  Mom used to make them and even serve us in bed sometimes.  They are delicious.  Never in my life have I made so many, though!  We made 200!

We WON the dessert category!

Way to go Jacqueline!  I had a blast cooking up this yummy sweet with you!  And I loved watching people love them...

Go ahead, treat yourself:

Buy canned biscuits -- NOT flakey; the cheaper the better, according to mom.
Cut each biscuit into quarters and roll into a ball.
Heat oil to 325 and drop balls in the oil.
Flip once they turn golden brown.
When the other side turns golden, remove with a slotted spoon and place in one of two containers (that have lids): powdered sugar AND cinnamon/sugar combination.  
Put the lid on and shake, shake, shake!
Remove and enjoy.  They are best when warm.

I have to say, this party is nothing if not random.  But I had a really good time.  It is interesting to watch the different groups of people and try to remember names.  Haha.  A special shout out to Jane Harper.  As usual, her comments and company did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment