glitter

Monday, December 13, 2010

Gifts that give

I have to say some years I flat out HATE Christmas shopping.  I feel forced to buy people gifts and often don't know what to buy, ergo I just get very frustrated.  This year I did most of my shopping online which was awesome!  I also tried to do gifts that give back to others.  Here are a few I purchased:

TOMS.  I own a pair and LOVE them.  For every pair you buy, a kid in a developing nation gets a free pair!
International Sanctuary.  Proceeds go to help fight human trafficking.  Products are made by survivors of human trafficking.

Krochet Kids.  Ugandan ladies make the hats, etc.  They are able to rise out of poverty by making their own money - able to send their kids to school, save money, and live in freedom.  Guys that started the company also love Jesus.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. Also, you can buy a Bridgewater Candle--the special edition candle feeds an orphan child for a week...a regular candle feeds an orphan child for a day! www.bridgewatercandles.com

    WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete