glitter

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 follow up

I thought I'd give an update on a post last year.  Some things I was looking forward to in 2010:

  • Turning 27. Ok, I am kind of dreading moving into my late 20's. But, Lord willing, it is going to happen whether I like it or not. So why not be happy about it?  Was a great birthday!
  • A Charleston summer! Beach, fishing, and being tan!  Loved it!
  • My brother's wedding.  Had a blast!
  • Potential weddings of some really good friends. No pressure guys! Haha.  They followed through!
  • Finding a church home in Charleston.  Done.
  • Hopefully knocking some things off my 25-30 to do list.  Not so much done...oh well.
  • Having a more positive outlook on life.  The Lord has really taught me a lot about this, I think.  I still have a LONG way to go (don't we all?!), but I think he made me more positive this year.  Namely, I learned a lot about joy.  Having joy in the midst of all circumstances and (perhaps hardest, yet most rewarding) being joyful for others -- especially when they get things that I'd like to have.  For example, I wouldn't mind getting married.  And this year I was blessed to be in a few weddings and be genuinely excited for those getting married.  Only because of the Lord.  And other things I would like in my life, but have been excited to see in the lives of others.  I know this isn't of me, but a gracious gift.  Hoping to stay/become more joyful in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment