glitter

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Clark W. Griswold

I LOVE Christmas Vacation - I could watch it every day and quote about 95% of it.  This past Sunday morning, I had a real Clark moment.  I was heading to church and cruising over the James Island Connector.  Needing to pass the car in front of me, I glanced over my shoulder, and moved into the left lane.  I looked in the rear view mirror only to realize I totally missed the HUGE truck in the lane and now he was about 2 inches behind me.  Yikes!  I certainly felt like Clark when he was driving his family to select the perfect Christmas tree and ended up getting his station wagon under an 18 wheeler.   Totally something that would happen to me.


Clark: “We’re all right! Thank God we’re all right!”
Ellen: “Clark, we’re stuck under a truck!”
Clark: “Do you honestly think I don’t know that?!”
Ellen: “Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. And forgive my husband. He knows not what he does.”
Clark: “Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment