glitter

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Engagement Chicken

I may have mentioned it on here before, but I LOVE The Barefoot Contessa.  I would like to move to the Hamptons and be-friend her and eat all of her yummy creations.  I saw her make Engagement Chicken on TV a while back and have been meaning to try it.  Apparently, the girls in her office make it for their boyfriends and the next thing you know, they're engaged OR it happens to be one of the first thing they  make after they get a ring.

Last night was the night to try it, and I tell you what: it was damn good.  I'd have proposed to me after eating it.  Ha.  It was super easy to make, required few ingredients (always a plus) and tasted like heaven in your mouth: homey, yet not too heavy, full of flavor, yet not overwhelming.  The sauce would be heavenly on mashed potatoes or rice as well.

Give it a shot!  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/engagement-roast-chicken-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment