glitter

Monday, May 23, 2011

Pearl

Mom called Saturday morning while I was in Savannah (more on that to come) to tell me about Pearl, my cousin's newest baby.  My cousin, Susie, her husband, and active two year old headed to St. Simons for the weekend.  Around 2 am Saturday morning, Sue went to the bathroom.  She felt some gas pains and called her husband.  She thought Pearl may be coming and they called EMS.  Her husband caught the baby in the bathroom!  She wasn't breathing; Susie then delivered the placenta.  EMS said that the baby could get oxygen from the placenta for 30-40 minutes and not to cut the cord.  EMS took little Pearl, 29 weeks, to the NICU in Savannah and Susie to the nearest hospital.  Sue was discharged shortly, they gathered some things together, and headed to Savannah.

All things considered, Pearl's doing well, but will likely be in the NICU in Savannah for the next 7 weeks or so.  I was able to see my aunt, uncle, and the crazy cute/wild two year old for a few hours yesterday.  They're hoping to move into The Ronald McDonald House, as they have a long road ahead of them in Savannah -- a good bit from home of Atlanta.  So if you're the praying kind, I'd be thankful for any prayers for Pearl, Susie, and the whole family.

1 comment:

  1. wow. praying for pearl right now. keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete