glitter

Friday, May 27, 2011

Savannah

This post is a bit late, but fun nonetheless.  I headed out of the office early last Friday and went down to Savannah.  I stopped by to hang out with my Grammy for a bit.  That included running errands for her, watching Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader? and hanging out while she at supper.  Then I took the short drive over to Marybre Glenn's sister's house where MG's bachelorette weekend was going to commence.

First off, Sebrell has a an amazing home: not too big, everything is decorated incredibly well, it's nice AND comfortable (so hard to pull off!), and drum roll please, every room in their house has a view of the water.

This is where we ate supper Friday night:

Mary Glenn's brother-in-law cooked supper and it was an incredible meal.  First course of fried green tomatoes on a bed of greens with remoulade sauce.  Second course was shrimp and grits, green beans, and a fillet.  The grits cooked for 24 hours, y'all!  The fillet was topped with an incredible sauce: sauteed mushrooms and onions with lots of yummy spices that were pureed.  So good!





After a big meal, we did what every gal wants to do: put on a bathing suit!  We headed to the hot tub for MG's lingerie shower and dessert of fancy cupcakes.  We were also gifted monogrammed beach towels!?   The next morning we ate a light breakfast (ok, I also had a bag of Cheetos) and headed to the marina.  We were picked up by boat and taken to a small island where we could play on the beach all day!  {For Charleston folks, it was basically going to Capers Island.}  We had a cooler full of hurricanes, monogrammed cups (of course!), yummy wrap sandwiches, and Doritos.  It was such a fun day at the beach!

Once back at the house we showered and I fell asleep.  Apparently I was out for quite a while.  I hadn't been getting a lot of sleep the past few nights, and while I'm not really a napper, I napped like it was my job.  Guess your body just knows when you need it.  We ate supper at Pearl's on the water and it was quite good.  I had the crab and shrimp au gratin.  We headed home for an early night.

All in all, it was a super fun weekend and a great way to celebrate Mary Glenn.  So glad I got to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment