glitter

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Discovery!

So my friend Sarah always had the best music in college...she knew people long before they were mainstream. There was one song in particular that she introduced me to that I loved. I haven't heard it since college and had no idea who sang it or the name of the song. Now, I'm not going to lie, it is perhaps one of the sexiest songs I have ever heard. The beat, the rythm, the words...it is pretty hot.

Something made me think of that song last night and so I started Googling to find it. After severl searches I found it -- with the lyrics -- to confirm that, yes, indeed, this was the song. AND I was super surprised to find out who sang it. It's a band (that no longer exists) called Soul Miner's Daughter. The lead female vocalist is none other than Jennifer Nettles -- of Sugarland! I was impressed with myself for this discovery and immediately shared with my HLP -- who knows tons more about country music than me.

For your listening pleasure:



And HLP found this version...quite entertaining:

No comments:

Post a Comment