glitter

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Wonders of Duck Tape

So I may have mentioned that my brother is getting married. And mom has started to think/worry about her outfits for the rehearsal dinner and wedding. Last week her best shopping buddy (other than me) went for an all day trip. She was so tired afterwards. Unfortunately, I produced little sympathy, seeing as how I was tired from my day, too. Of working. Not shopping. I digress...

I went over to see the dress she purchased (and will have to return) and she told me this story:

Dad and I were at Supper Club Friday night and I was talking about looking for dresses and how my stomach sticks out and so I have to get a bigger size. And how I don't want to wear a Spanx. And Randy and Randall were there and listening and talking about it with me.
[According to Randall, mom said, "I don't think I can boogie in Spanx!"]

So a little bit later, Randall found my mom and told her that he'd been thinking about her problem and he'd come up with a solution: suck in as much as she could and then wrap herself in Duck Tape!

The best part is: my mom actually thought it was a good idea! I then reminded her that Duck Tape is sticky and she'd probably have it on her stomach for weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment