glitter

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Shred

also known to me as The Torture. 

Whilst in Raleigh last weekend, I tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred with one of Krissie's roommates.  It killed me.  It's supposed to be 23 minutes with warm up and cool down.  I lasted the first 15 before I collapsed on the floor.  Then I proceeded to feel sick and nauseous until I ate lunch. 

Yet, being a glutton for punishment I decided to buy my own copy.  I've decided to do The Shred every Tuesday and Thursday and walk the other days I choose to exercise. It was $9 at Wal-Mart and I got some 4 lb weights to go along with it.  $20 is so much cheaper than a gym membership! 

Tuesday, I made it about 19 of 23 minutes -- which I think is a vast improvement!  BUT I still felt sick and nauseous afterwards and had to lay down on the couch and devour 1/2 sleeve of Saltines in order to feel better.  I'm pretty sure Jillian wouldn't have been ok with this choice and I don't think one should eat before they do The Shred.  AND as it turns out my 4 lb weights are actually 2 lbs weights...thats 4 TOTAL pounds.  And they're still hard for me to use. 

I'm not trying to shred 50 pounds off my body (but I think it might do that if you used it daily), but would like to tone up.  And besides, this is what Courtney had to say about me doing this:

well i was going to tell you yest but didnt want you to fuss at me that it would be good for you to add something like that into your routine.  i think you would see differences and even if you dont you need to have some weight/resistance training. its good for your bones.

Me, fuss?!?!?!

Goal for today: make it through the entire 23 minutes and don't get sick (so I'm not eating before).

1 comment:

  1. Is it me, or is Courtney acting a little high and mighty now that she likes to go to aerobics classes?

    ReplyDelete