glitter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thankful!

I was inspired by Courtney Molony to come up with a list of 100 (she's doing 1000!) things I'm thankful for.  I've worked on it for the past week and a half or so...some are silly and some are serious.  Yet regardless, "every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.." James 1:17.
  1. My relationship with the Lord...that He saved me and calls me daughter.
  2. My dad and the way he loves me and I am so similar to him.
  3. My mom and the way she loves me and I am as equally similar to her.
  4. Cheez-its.
  5. Flat shoes (for the days you just don't want to wear heels).
  6. Having a place to sleep every night.
  7. Good sheets.
  8. Hand sanitizer.
  9. Diet Coke.
  10. Having a job.
  11. Music.
  12. Scripture.
  13. Prayer.
  14. Nalgenes.
  15. Ability to walk.
  16. Bodies of water, especially the ocean, creeks, etc...
  17. Sudafed.
  18. Aleve and pain killers.
  19. Ability to read.
  20. Cell phones.
  21. Cameron -- in my life and especially how she keeps me accountable to daily time in the Word.
  22. My HLP, Courtney.
  23. Fun shoes that make me feel sassy.
  24. Having dreams that I want to accomplish.
  25. G-chat.
  26. The sunshine (especially when it makes my skin tan).
  27. Laughter.
  28. Trader Joe's.
  29. Dark chocolate.
  30. Cookie dough.
  31. Fishing.
  32. Chap stick.
  33. That we are able to learn from one another.
  34. Clean drinking water.
  35. My glasses (so I can see!).
  36. Dana Martin -- sharing and living the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.
  37. Wendi Aycock Combes -- sharing and living the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.
  38. Krissie -- especially how she loves me no matter what.
  39. Thongs (I hate panty lines).
  40. Cast iron frying pans.
  41. MacBook.
  42. Toni my bus driver -- always in a great mood (while I, on the other hand am often not in the mornings).
  43. God's grace that abounds and abounds and abounds.
  44. Blogs.
  45. Memories (what if God made us so we didn't remember?!?).
  46. My mom's generosity with food.
  47. Living in the same town as my parents (at least for this season).
  48. Books.
  49. Owning a car.
  50. GPS (saved me many headaches and hours of being lost).
  51. Cards that my Dad gives me -- he always spends a lot of time picking out just the right Hallmark.
  52. My mom surprising me with little treats.
  53. $1.50 hot dog and mega drink at Sam's Club.
  54. Scarves and gloves.
  55. Knowing that someone enjoys the food you made them.
  56. Friends that will tell you hard truth.
  57. Friends that are grateful when you tell them hard truth.
  58. Space heaters.
  59. Push up bras.
  60. The mornings I get time with the Lord in prayer and His Word.
  61. Grace upon grace upon grace.
  62. Cough drops.
  63. Loco Pops.
  64. Daily accountability with Cameron.
  65. When friends encourage/push me to do something I don't think I can.
  66. Pencils.
  67. The feeling of being of included in something good.
  68. Oyster roasts.
  69. Tampons.
  70. Red and black pepper.
  71. Salt.
  72. The Barefoot Contessa.
  73. When people geniunely want to know what you think about something.
  74. When a prayer is obviously answered.
  75. Nathan -- he's always been the less selfish one.
  76. Hair straightener.
  77. Productive days.
  78. Marshall Foster -- embodies wisdom, among many other wonderful qualities.
  79. Being challenged in what I think/believe.
  80. Cabernet.
  81. Catching up with old friends.
  82. Neti pot.
  83. The Lightcaps.
  84. Jenn -- especially her openness.
  85. Proactive.
  86. The Lord's ability to sustain me when I feel weak and empty.
  87. Rain.
  88. Patience -- a virtue a rarely exude, yet know is good.
  89. Long walks.
  90. When people respond quickly to something at work.
  91. Grooveshark.
  92. Arrested Development.
  93. Having windows in my office.
  94. Chirping birds.
  95. Discipleship.
  96. Sleep.
  97. First Presbyterian Church, Columbia, SC.
  98. Vintage 21.
  99. That I enjoy cooking.
  100. Surprising friendships.

 

1 comment: