glitter

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warmth!

You may remember that I am a summer-time girl.  I very much prefer the sun and warm and beaches over snow and cold and the mountains.  I'm sure it won't last and we'll have a few more cold days/weeks, the past few days have been GORGEOUS in Charleston.  Sure, we've had some rain, but once it goes away, the days have been BRIGHT and SUNNY and you can wear shorts and a t-shirt and it feel good.  So thankful for this change of weather and lifting of spirits!

I don't have a picture, but the drive home after work is splendid in the bright sunlight.  Once I get onto James Island, I am able to clearly see the downtown Charleston skyline, the bridges into Mt. Pleasant, Sullivan's Island...all at once.  It really is breath-taking.  Yesterday that drive home made me remember that I'm really glad to be in this city right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment