glitter

Monday, February 22, 2010

Malachi

Over the past several weeks, I've been reading through the book of Malachi.  It's the last book in the Old Testament, and I'd never spent much time there...so I thought I'd give it a shot.  While my heart may have been a bit hard over the past few weeks, there was a lot to be learned in this little book.  Mainly, I saw how much like the priests I am:  I doubt, I question, I try to be sneaky with the Lord.  Yet (because He is God and knows everything) I don't get away with too much.

And what would getting away with it mean anyway?  That I'd be further from my Lord -- the One that LOVES me most and KNOWS me completely.

There are only two kinds of people: those that know and love Jesus and have been saved by His grace and those that haven't.  I've done nothing to deserve His love, but He's given it to me anyway.  And since I have it, I hope I become the kind of person that knows and loves Jesus and has been saved by His grace AND walks TOWARDS Him...

Like the title of one of my new favorite songs, I got growing up to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment