glitter

Friday, February 19, 2010

Home Remedies

My sinuses and allergies are always giving me trouble.  I usually get at least one sinus infection a year.  This year, praise the Lord, I have not.  Well based on my feelings this week, I'm pretty sure I do have one, but don't really want to go to the doctor...I feel good enough to go to work, but bad enough to not want to work...

You know the signs: stuffy head, pressure, congestion, fatigue, etc...

Yesterday I decided to do some online home remedy searching and found this:

Cayenne Snorting.

Reading the other posts I figured I'ld give it a try. My temperature was around 102 and my head and sinus areas killing me. Lots of yellow discharge. Lots of pain. I was not doing well. So, rather hastily and unscientifically I put a couple of shakes of organic Cayenne Pepper into about a Tablespoon of water in a teacup. I used a Q-tip to put it each nostril a couple times each and snorted it up. I then bent over and kept snorting. I followed with a Q-tip dipped in water to get more movement and snorted some more. My mixture may have been a bit intense. It burned alright, my eyes teared as if I was bawling like a baby and I had a few sneezing fits. I hung on for a few minutes and then blew my nose. Put some more water in there and snorted a bit more. Ten minutes later there was a definite change. My head still hurt and my nose was on fire! Then after about another 15-20 minutes most of the pressure in my head left and when I tried blowing my nose, no colored discharge! My temperature went down to 99 and I no longer had the chills. It worked! It worked! One of God's amazing wonders! Thank you everyone for sharing."

It sounded painful, yet I thought I'd give it a shot.  I added a DASH of cayenne to my neti pot (that I've been too lazy to use lately and could have potentially avoided this situation altogether) after work yesterday afternoon.  The burn!  The red face!  The inability to use the entire pot! 

However, it cleared me up for the rest of the night.  And as I'm stuffy again today, I MIGHT reconsider...

No comments:

Post a Comment