glitter

Sunday, November 14, 2010

A different Sunday

My small group at church meets Sunday mornings before church.  This is convenient so that I don't have to drive to Mt. Pleasant another time.  However, since I'm out of town sometimes I don't always get to go...hence, I really try to go when I'm in town.  I really like my group -- there are a lot of young women, some ladies in there late late 30's/mid 40's, and a hip older gal in her 60's probably.  

I got an email this week saying we'd be meeting at a member's home to hang out and do some flower arrangements for something the church needed.  To the hip older gal's I headed this morning.  Y'all she lives in a great home!  A cottage really.  Think: the English cottage in The Holiday. 


There were only 4 of us.  One.  I loved doing the floral arrangements.  I would never consider myself to be creative, but I really liked arranging the flowers and making use of flowers, greenery, etc. to create something pleasing to the eye.  Two.  I loved chatting with these gals and asking them questions about their faith and some things I've been curious about.  I really hadn't had a chance to do this since my days of sitting in Marshall Foster's living room in Columbia (and I miss her!  and those conversations!).  I had such a ball, that I didn't even walk down to church.  Oops?!  But you know what, I think God met me where I was...and for that I am so glad!

1 comment:

  1. I loveee the Holiday and that cottage! super happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete