glitter

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Updates

I've been in a bit of a blogging lull lately.  I've been busy and the blog is feeling the brunt.  Here's a bit of a re-cap from my past week:

Last weekend, I headed to Spartanburg to celebrate Courtney's 28th birthday.  Friday night we ate at Cook Out.  My NC family has been raving about it for years and I was jazzed to give it a try.  I loved it!  Now, I knew that Krissie would be surprising Courtney for her birthday and was super excited!  I was hoping that Krissie would leave Raleigh around 4-4:30 and hit up the Burg around 3.5 hours later.  Unfortunately, she wasn't able to head out until 8ish.  Add in some road construction and she reached Courtney's at 12:15.

Picture Courtney brushing her teeth and ready for bed.  Me trying to talk her into watching more TV.  Me texting Krissie to get her little ass there ASAP.  Courtney heads to lock the front door.  She hears a knock.  She grabs Sullivan and heads away from the door as she hollers, "EA come here!  Someone's at the door!"

Naturally, me and my tiny, ineffectual fists would be the one to fight off a killer.  Hahahaha.  She was quite relieved to know it was Krissie!  A fun surprise!

We had a birthday party for her that night.  It was great fun to see Sara Margaret and Matthew, Rachel and Stuart, Jenn and Ryan, and lots of others!  Such a fun weekend with good friends...I didn't want to leave.  So much so, that I put it off until 7:30 and got home at 10:30 = too late.  But worth it.

On another note, Courtney and I taught Krissie how to take her hair from drab to fab with the help of a hair straightener.  We even helped her pick one out at the store.  Pending cooperation from Krissie, before and after pictures may follow!

I accompanied a friend as she purchased a new car one night this week.

I had the day off today to celebrate Veterans.  Mom and I drove to Savannah to see Grammy.  We went to lunch at their old favorite, Carey Hilliards.  Their onion rings are supreme; it is also a mecca for the elderly.  Hahaha.  At one point, mom started to drive down the wrong side of a highway.  She claims that has never happened before...now I know where my stellar driving skills come from.  It was great to see Grammy and nice to have the day off.

On the way home, we stopped off at Sam's.  We saw Aimee's mom and Grandma!  Fun and random.

I also read a book this week and will share more later...

I think that's all.  Still ready for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment