glitter

Monday, November 22, 2010

Mary Alice and Steven get hitched: Thursday

 I left work at 2:30 this past Thursday and met Mary Anne in Lexington.  I dropped my car off, loaded the oodles of things I had packed into her car and climbed in for a wild ride.  I'm fairly well known for being a less than stellar driver.  Though Mary Anne doesn't carry that same title with her usually, you wouldn't have known it on that drive.  (Love you, MAP!)  But we arrived alive!   We had a fun time chatting and catching up.  At one point we were discussing what we might be having for supper when we arrived in Winder, GA.
 
Me: Maybe chili?  Because its something you can make and then keep on the stove.
Mary Anne:  Yeah.....but.  I don't eat chili.
 
Thankfully mom sent me with some snacks for the car ride, including brownies.  Somehow I had 4 on the way?!
 
We arrived in Winder around 8:30 pm and headed to Wayne's house (Mary Alice's dad).  We were warmly hugged by the cast of characters gathered in his home: Mary Alice and Steven, Wayne, Susie (Mary Alice's mom), Beverly (Wayne's gf), Robert and Carol (Wayne's best friends), and Brooke.  Liz, Susie's best friend came later.  They are all lovely people that would quickly become some of my favorite people to have a good time with.
 
Wayne had a lovely spread with fancy cheeses and crackers and some tasty little desserts.  While it wasn't chili, there was a big pot of taco soup.  Let me tell you, it was delicious!  Beverly made margaritas and they were super delicious.  After a while of being silly and laughing and chatting, Mary Anne and I headed to Susie's home, where we would be spending the night.
 
Once upon a time, Mary Alice, Courtney, and I joined Susie her hot tub.  Ever since then, I'd been waiting to relive the experience.  Thursday night was the night!  Mary Anne headed to bed, but Susie and I donned our swimsuits and stayed in the hot tub until we were prunes.  Liz sat right outside the tub.  The three of us had an absolute ball and stayed up until 2 am!  Such a fun time! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your details. makes me feel as if i were actually there! i cannot wait to read the rest of the story!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be happy to know that I have enrolled in some drivers ed classes for twenty-somethings and look forward to showing you my new skills next time.

    ReplyDelete