glitter

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Are you in line for 31-60? No, 1-5.

We awoke Friday morning and waited for April to come pick us up (seriously, Festa has great friends in Dallas!).  While I ate leftover pizza for breakfast, no one else did, and I needed some Diet Coke ASAP.  We spent some time in Einstein bagel and then headed to April's pool.  She had some things to do and sadly missed out.  But the SC four-some had a good time getting some Texan sun and being silly poolside.

I booked my plane ticket at some point in February and from that point on, I was determined to eat at Chuy's (Maggie, you'll get there one day!).  Y'all, you should buy a ticket so that you can eat there, too.  They have yummy frozen concoctions for grown ups and the food is amazing.  They have some kind of spicy ranch sauce with cilantro that will rock your world.  The tortilla chips are paper thin and super crispy.  Courtney and I split the Chuy's special and it was awesome.  We weren't able to partake in this (due to timing), but apparently they have happy hour where there is an out-of-this-world cheese dip bar?!   OMG.  It's reason enough to make my way to another Chuy's.





After gorging ourselves, we headed home to shower and get spiffy for the evening.  Cameron and I entertained ourselves while everyone else was at the rehearsal and then we headed to the rehearsal dinner.  It was held at the YO Steakhouse and was very Texas.  The red wine was good; we were able to choose from a select menu.  Obviously, Courtney and I made a game time decision to get different things and split so we could maximize our experience.  Appetizer: seafood bisque and a salad with goat cheese, tangy dressing, apples, and caramelized pecans.  Main course: salmon with some type of sauce on a bed of rice (I think?  Courtney mainly ate this one) and filet, medium rare, served with mashed potatoes and crisp green beans.  Dessert: pecan pie and chocolate torte.  I guess you could say we ate well in Dallas.

After supper, I listened to some of the sweetest toasts I've ever heard.  I don't cry at weddings and crying at a rehearsal dinner is definitely atypical for me.  However, I teared up.  So, thanks for that, new found Dallas friends and Festa/Arial family.  What's the best way to dry up any tears?  KARAOKE!

We all headed over to Dallasite Karaoke bar.  I'm not even sure where to begin.  Personally, I had a blast meeting some of the other patrons.  That included Terry, whom I coerced into singing Sweet Caroline with me.  There were also many "regulars" that livened up the night.  However, nothing livened that place up like Festa's friend Morgan.  Wow.  She should take her show on the road.  She has an amazing voice; once paired with her outgoing and humorous self, you are left with a comedy tour/karaoke mixture that might make you piddle a smidge.  To say we had a good time would be a huge understatement.  Oh, and there was that time Festa's awesome friend Rebe sang Wind Beneath my Wings...and I stood behind her and did an interpretive dance.  That happened.  It was pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment