glitter

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cookie Delight

I took this as a dessert last night and forgot how good it is; everyone loves it.  I first had Cookie D sometime in college, when Frances made it.  It was a staple dessert for Jenn as well.  It is incredibly easy to make and people love it.

  • Chips Ahoy cookies; I use reduced fat (1-2 bags depending on the size of your dish)
  • Milk*
  • Cool Whip; I use light (1-2 tubs depending on the size of the dish; 1:1 with the bags of cookies), defrosted
Pour some milk in a bowl and dip each cookie in the milk.  Layer a dish with cookies.  Spread a layer of defrosted Cool Whip on top.  Repeat and finish with Cool Whip.  Add crumbled (dry) cookies to the top for decor if desired.  Is best if refrigerated at least 2 hours before served.


* I tried almond milk at my aunt's and actually really liked it.  It's great if you're lactose intolerant (I am not) and only has 40 calories per serving.  It does have a bit of an almond flavor, but I like it.  I decided to buy it for this recipe; it was actually cheaper than regular milk as well.  Though I'm not a big milk drinker, I'm digging the almond milk.  (I've tasted soy milk before and was not impressed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment