glitter

Monday, August 8, 2011

Atlas Shrugged

I didn't know if I'd ever finish this book or not, but I'm proud to say that I did:  1,069 pages behind me.    I'd been wanting to read this book since graduate school and I'm glad I finally did it.  Regardless of your thoughts of Ayn Rand, you have to give the girl credit: it takes talent to write such a long book and keep it interesting.  I would love to take a class on Atlas Shrugged - there are so many theories and philosophies one could discuss.

I read this article a while back and found it worth pondering.  To sum up my thoughts, I'll say this:  I agree with Ayn in regards to business.  However, regarding personal matters, as a believer in Jesus Christ, I think we are called to love and serve others.  That can take various shapes, but part of that is helping those less fortunate than yourself.  Regardless, there's a lot of food for thought in these pages.  If you're a fast reader, or just a dedicated one, that enjoys pondering life issues pertaining to politics, the economy, relationships, and discrimination, I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment