glitter

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tell me what you want; I'll find a way to get there

I headed out of work on Wednesday and picked Cameron up in Columbia.  A short detour around a wreck (thanks for the help, dad!) and I was there.  We had so much fun catching up in the car and the drive to Spartanburg flew by.  We ate semi-bousee Mexican with Courtney that night in order to gear up for the big trip to Dallas.

We ran through Chick-fil-A and headed to Greenville early Thursday morning.  In order to arrive in Dallas as early as possible on Thursday, we went around our butts to get to our elbow.  We flew from GSP to Chicago (Midway) to St. Louis to Dallas.  We got a second round of breakfast in Chicago.  The flights were on time and not too long.  Cameron got a smidge sick twice.  Yikes!  We met the greatest flight attendant ever: Jon.  Seriously, he's a huge asset to Southwest.  I, of course, made a single serving friend from Chicago to St. Louis.

Festa, Courtney Molony, and April (new friend) picked us up from the airport and it was game on.  We were staying at Festa and Austin's house and so we settled in and got to know April a bit.  She's awesome.  All of Festa's friends are really.  Courtney detected a gas leak so we went to the mall while Festa took care of business at home.

A few notes on Dallas: to me, it felt a lot like Charlotte -- only bigger.  Traffic is much less intense than in Charleston.  No bugs.  No humidity.

We went to North Park mall.  Similar to Charlotte's South Park, but the stores were much more high end.  After cruising through Anthropologie and me finding my dream bag for the fall/winter, we needed to re-fuel.  After all, we'd only had two breakfasts.  Courtney and I split Sonic diet vanilla cokes (yes, this mall had a Sonic in it!) and chips/salsa/guac.  Delicious.  I was ready for some alone time and April took me home to shower while the rest of the crowd headed to the Container Store.

We met up with The Festas and some of Festa's other friends at Louie's for supper that night.  The pizza.  Wow.  It was great.   Festa told us the bar we were heading to afterwards had life size Jenga and Connect Four.  The Jenga pieces were, and I quote, the size of two-by-fours.  I'm going to be honest.  I was disappointed with the 10 inch blocks.  A few rounds of games and I was kind of done.  I noticed the bar across the street seemed interesting and decided to walk over to check it out.

Walking in was like walking in to a different country.  I saddled up to the bar and chatted with the gal next to me: Seline (with an S, not a C like the singer).  Turns out, she was on a date -- first date -- no less with Tim.  It was the first Tim she'd been out with since her ex husband (the things people tell you!).  I went back over to Barcadia to grab some of my gals.  Courtney Molony came with me and honestly, I never thought she could be so happy in a bar: it was the mecca of all bars for her: Beauty Bar.

To say we had fun would be an understatement.  She took pictures of everything.  We were amazed.  It was so fun and random and I am hoping she'll decide to open one up in SC.  You can get a manicure while drinking a martini!


After a quick stop at a friend's house to shoot some fireworks off the parking garage and a run in to CVS, we headed home to watch Modern Family on DVD and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment