glitter

Thursday, August 4, 2011

You can't turn down this street; it's one way. Oh, we do.

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end."  We took a(nother) trip to McD's for breakfast and $1 bevs Sunday morning.  Courtney Molony was on a separate flight so we had to say good bye that morning.  The rest of our crew headed to Love Field courtesy of MOH, Gina, "the Asian."  We parted ways and made our way through the tiny airport.

What is it about TSA folks at tiny airports?  One worker was incredibly rude to the family in front of us.  And the dudes looking at the x-ray machine of your carry-ons were on a major power trip.  Seriously.  Courtney was randomly selected to have extra body searching.  My carry-on bag had to go through the x-ray machine twice.  Ugh.  Then the bag was pulled out and grandpa riffled through all of my stuff to show me I was not allowed to have my small pocket knife on the plane*.   I tried to explain to the manager that I wasn't planning to kill anyone; it didn't work**.  With our plane boarding in 5 minutes, my beloved Leatherman Micra that I'd had for over a decade went in the trash can***.

I met up with Courtney and Cameron and we boarded.  This time around, we just made a pit stop in Houston and then on to GSP.  The Festas were behind us from Houston to GSP and added a nice element of humor, conversation, snacks, and cute Patrick kicking the seat for about an hour.  Patrick and I had a race to see who would get their baggage first; sadly, I was not the winner.

We headed to Spartanburg and finished up our weekend of food by eating Zaxby's for supper.  Granted, lunch consisted of some pretzels and pita chips courtesy of Southwest.  Cameron and I had some good convos on the way to Columbia, zipped through Lexington Medical for a potty break, and then went our on ways home: her to North Augusta and me Back to Charleston.

I have to say the trip was a GREAT one.  Good times in a new city, great food, the best company, lots of laughing, dancing, deep conversations, meeting fun new people, seeing old friends.  Thanks for getting married (after all that time) Festa and Austin!  Dallas, until we meet again...


Sadly, Courtney Molony was detained in Dallas due to AC problems on the plane.  While she was supposed to land in Columbia before us on her fancy direct flight, that did not happen.  In fact, I got to Charleston before she made it to Lexington.  Sad day!


* I understand that this is a no-no.  However, I wasn't stopped in GSP and didn't think a thing about it.  If we're going to regulate, can't they all be on the same page?
** My liquid nasal spray, hand sanitizer, and eye drops (not in plastic bags) were perfectly acceptable though.
*** Or the TSA dude put it in his pocket.  Or it will go to one of those garage sales of things they confiscate...and some lucky dude will snag it for about $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment